Wiley has vast employment law experience in the State of Minnesota and nation-wide. He has advised a diverse variety of clients, from Fortune 500 companies, to regional business, public employers, sole proprietorships, and individuals. Wiley can tailor his advice and representation to the size of your organization. He is always update to date on the current best practices for your industry in this ever-changing area of the law.
Wiley is available for consultation and representation a wide-variety of employment law areas, such as:
- Workplace investigations, including providing reports and recommendations for action
- Responses to charges of unfair employment practices from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR)
- Title VII and Minnesota Human Rights Act (MHRA) claims of employment discrimination based on protected classes, such as race, sex, pregnancy,disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, creed, national origin, color, etc.
- Preparation and audit of employment handbooks and policy and procedure manuals
- Employee leaves, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and related state laws and key employee issues
- The Age Discrimination Employment Act (ADEA)
- Claims of harassment and hostile work environment, including sex harassment, racial harassment, and same-sex harassment claims
- Whistleblower, retaliation, and reprisal claims under statute and the common law
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and reasonable accommodation
- Implied employment agreements and promissory estoppel
- Preparation and advice concerning employment agreements
- COBRA issues
- Non-solicitation and non-compete law