Our attorneys have vast employment law experience in the State of Minnesota and nation-wide. We have advised a diverse variety of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to regional businesses, public employers, sole proprietorships, and individuals. We can tailor our advice and representation to the size of your organization. We are always up to date on the current best practices for your industry in this ever-changing area of the law.
Our attorneys are available for consultation and representation on a wide variety of employment law areas, such as:
- Workplace investigations, including providing reports and recommendations for action
- Responses to charges of unfair employment practices from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR)
- Title VII and Minnesota Human Rights Act (MHRA) claims of employment discrimination based on protected classes, such as race, sex, pregnancy, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, creed, national origin, color, etc.
- Preparation and audit of employment handbooks and policy and procedure manuals
- Employee leaves, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and related state laws and key employee issues
- The Age Discrimination Employment Act (ADEA)
- Claims of harassment and hostile work environment, including sexual harassment, racial harassment, and same-sex harassment claims
- Whistleblower, retaliation, and reprisal claims under the statute and the common law
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and reasonable accommodation
- Implied employment agreements and promissory estoppel
- Preparation and advice concerning employment agreements
- COBRA issues
- Non-solicitation and non-compete law